Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Setting Goals. A Differet New Years' Take On Resolutions.

I have never been successful at keeping resolutions. They seem so vague, so contrived. "I resolve to stop eating bad food." Or, "I resolve to have more fun."

Then, on Facebook I started reading blog posts from blogs I follow. Several of them discussed creating New Year's goals. Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

So, this year I am going to create goals instead of resolutions. 

I began working on that process today. Yes, I am already late. However, I do have a good excuse. Hubby was in town and off work until January 2. Then, January 3, my mother put her dog to sleep. It was actually my sister's dog who had moved in with my mother when my sister had her baby. So, I babysat while my sister and mother buried their dog. :(

Today I started. I spent most of the morning downloading a variety of goal-setting printables to review.  I will spend a day or so going through them and deciding which I like best. I also downloaded a lot of home- and time-management printables. I'll review those as well.

As you can see below, I have chocolate right in the middle to fuel my thinking. :)

The view of my desk as I ponder goal setting for 2013.




Although I haven't gotten very far with planning yet, I already feel liberated by this! After moving this summer, I am so overwhelmed much of the time that I cannot see what I need to be doing besides the "fires" I am putting out. Blogging, as you have noticed, gets shunted to the side. So, do so many other things.

Here is hoping this is the year I get back on track!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Emerging Providence. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.