Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Granola Bar Recipe

Love, love, love granola bars. They leave a nice honey flavor in your mouth. The crisp ones can be slathered with peanut butter for a healthy high-protein snack. However, the store-bought ones are just so expensive. A few years ago, after much searching, I found a great granola bar recipe that I modified. It is just the right combination of chewy to crunchy. However, I haven't changed the recipe to see if I can make a crunchy bar that can be eaten with a spread. Maybe that will go onto my goal list for recipes to learn for the year.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine all the following ingredients into a bowl and mix until coated well.

1/2 c butter
1/3 c honey, heaping
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/2 coconut
1/2 c chocolate chips
4 c oats

Press into greased cookie sheet. The mix is not enough to fill a whole sheet (at least not mine), so I shape an edge to be flat/square. I make them the full depth of the cookie sheet for the thickness.

Bake for about 7 to 8 minutes until very light brown. The brown sugar should like a bit bubbly/melted. Let cool mostly through before cutting into bars.

This is a modified a recipe found on cooks.com.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Emerging Providence. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.