Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Coop Has A Roof!

I have been building the chicken coop for, oh, six weeks now. sigh. It is taking me forever to finish it. Much of the delay was due to needing to prepare for hosting my sister's wedding shower. Now that the shower is past, I have had more time to focus on the coop.

I finished the roof this week, and the husband and I lifted it into place. Oh My Word!!!! That nearly sent me to the hospital. Literally. By the time we were done, I was hyperventilating and overheated. It was about 100 outside. The thing is enormous. And, it weighs a couple hundred pounds I think.

I assembled it on the ground. So, we had to drag it across a small section of yard first. We lifted one end up to lean against the coop. Then, the husband lifted and pushed while I pulled while standing inside the coop.

We got it done! Man, I hope this coop lasts a decade. I don't want to do this again any time soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Emerging Providence. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.