Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Squeee! Chicks!!!

Oh my goodness, they are so cute!



We got four Dominiques and three "Easter Eggers." The Dominiques will lay brown eggs, but the Easter Eggers will lay green or blue eggs. Pretty neat.  They are a couple of weeks old.

I have been wanting chickens for years, but I haven't lived anywhere they have been allowed - until now.

Really, I should have waited until we were moved in and done with "work." But, it takes chicks five or so months before they start laying eggs and nearly 12 weeks to know hen or roo. So, I really needed to get them before summer is over so they will be ready to lay in the spring.

I have them set up in a cardboard box in the garage. Across the top, I have draped a mesh cloth that allows air in - and keeps chickens in, too!


I

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Emerging Providence. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.